Truck Accident Attorney in Central and Southern Florida
Have you or a loved one been injured in a serious Florida truck accident? Do you need help? Call Chad J. Robinson, PLLC today to find out if you have a claim.
Florida plays host to one of the nation’s busiest ports for importing and exporting products and goods. Florida is also home to one of the busiest cruise ship ports in the world with more than 25 million passengers that travel to our state just to take a cruise that departs from Florida each year.
Semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, big rigs, and 18-wheelers, as they are often referred to, are often used to transport a vast majority of these products and goods from the Florida ports where they arrive in the country to various places throughout the U.S. for distribution. These commercial trucks are everywhere you look on our countries interstates and highways. These massive vehicles cause serious injuries to the people involved when they are involved in an accident especially if the accident involves a much smaller passenger vehicle.
Florida’s Interstate-95 and Interstate-75 are some of the busiest traveled thoroughfares in the country and thousands of people in the state of Florida are left with debilitating injuries every year as a result of a major truck accident.
According to reports conducted by the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, more than 32,000 accidents take place each year in Florida that involve semi-trucks and large commercial vehicles. These accidents leave thousands of people with catastrophic injuries that require extensive medical attention. Sometimes the injuries are so severe that the victims do not survive the injuries they sustained in their Florida truck accident.
If you have been a victim of a truck accident in Florida that was not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. Call our dedicated Florida truck accident lawyer today at Chad J. Robinson, PLLC today to see if you have the right to pursue a claim. We are here to help you.
Semi-Truck Crashes in Florida
In Florida, when semi-trucks are involved in accidents, the need for immediate medical assistance is greatly increased. In fact, these accidents often result in life-threatening injuries that force victims into hospitals for extended periods of time.
Many victims come out of these accidents with permanent impairments and have to go through months, sometimes even years of physical therapy treatment in order to recover. Some truck accident victims are never able to work again due to the severity of their injuries. Some injured truck accident victims will never fully recover from their injuries. Others will succumb to their injuries because they were too severe.
Find A Lawyer Whose Specialty is Florida Truck Accidents
Although we like to believe that we are prepared to deal with the consequences of negligent and reckless drivers, there is little we can do to prepare for the aftermath of a commercial truck accident. Victims and their families are often left overwhelmed and exhausted as they try to navigate recovery and the complex legal matters that accompany Florida truck accidents.
One of the most important things to keep in mind when you are searching for a catastrophic injury lawyer to handle your Florida truck accident is that not all personal injury attorneys are equipped to handle a complex truck accident case. Some attorneys claim that they are capable of handling a semi-truck accident case, but may not have much experience at all with these types of claims. The right attorney will need to have the skills and knowledge needed as well as the time and resources required to handle these extremely complicated cases. Truck accidents are much more difficult to win than an average car accident.
Our Florida truck accident attorney at Chad J. Robinson, PLLC provides trusted legal representation for truck accident victims in Orlando, Melbourne, West Palm Beach, Lehigh Acres, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Pembroke Pines, Hollywood, Palm Beach, Weston, and throughout Central and Southern Florida. We are committed to fighting on behalf of accident victims to ensure they are able to protect the legal rights and best interests as they recover.
Our ultimate goal is to help our clients reach their recovery goals so they can return to normalcy after being injured in a serious truck crash. If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident, contact our Chad J. Robinson, PLLC as soon as possible to find out how we can help you. We are more than just a law firm. We work tirelessly to serve our clients and make sure they receive the compensation they are entitled to and the justice they deserve. We truly care about helping injured truck accident victims assert their rights and the rights of their loved ones.
Common Types of Truck Accidents in Florida
Nearly half a million truck accidents take place throughout the United States each year. A large number of these accidents occur on roadways in The Sunshine State. Thousands of people are harmed as a result of negligent and reckless drivers.
Truck accidents are unique. Although any vehicle can cause damage in a collision, semi-trucks, weighing up to 80,000-pounds can obliterate a much smaller passenger-sized vehicle when involved in a crash. Semi-truck accidents occur in a number of different ways. The most common types of truck accidents are listed below:
- Jackknifes: These accidents occur when the trailer of a semi-truck swings out perpendicular to the tractor. This is often caused by a coupling failure or when the trailer gets thrown off balance. These accidents earn their name due to the fact that they appear similar to a folding jackknife. When trailers jackknife, they can crash into other vehicles and cause widespread injuries and damages.
- Runaway Truck: Maintaining control over a semi-truck, as well as any type of vehicle, is crucial. When drivers lose their ability to stop or slow their trucks, it can cause them to travel uncontrollably down the roadway. This can be dangerous under any circumstance but is made far worse when drivers are speeding. Runaway trucks can crash into anything in their paths. These accidents are common when trucks are traveling downhill. However, they can also occur on even ground.
- Rollover Accidents: A truck’s high center of gravity makes it easier for semi-trucks to tip over. This is especially true when drivers are traveling too fast around curves or turns on roads. Trucks can also rollover when drivers are traveling too fast in high-wind, over-correct their vehicles, or engage in sudden lane shifts or difficult driving maneuvers. Rollover trucks can crash into other vehicles and block roadways, causing chain-reaction crashes.
- Override Crashes: These accidents occur when small vehicles crash into the rear-end of trucks. Many override accidents take place due to trucks stopping suddenly or changing lanes improperly. Smaller vehicles can become wedged underneath semi-truck, which increases the chance of fatal injuries for occupants riding in the front seat of these trapped vehicles.
- Cargo Spills: Cargo spills do not have to involve other vehicles. In many cases, these accidents occur when cargo falls out of a trailer or off the flatbed of trucks. The cargo can strike other vehicles or cause a semi-truck to turn over by throwing the trailer off balance.
Truck accidents increase the chances of victims sustaining severe and life-changing injuries that often require costly medical treatment. When people are harmed in semi-truck accidents, it is crucial that they seek the assistance of a skilled and knowledgeable Florida Truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Common Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents in Florida
Like other types of collisions, accidents involving semi-trucks occur for a variety of reasons. In many instances, these crashes are the result of negligent and reckless drivers. When drivers fail to act responsibly while out on the road, they can cause life-changing accidents that leave victims with painful and sometimes fatal injuries.
In Central and Southern Florida, we see truck accidents take place for many different reasons. Some of the leading causes of semi-truck crashes in Florida include:
- Drivers who are distracted while operating their vehicles
- Drivers who are fatigued
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drivers who are speeding
- Engaging in other aggressive driving behaviors
- Violations of FMCSA regulations and rules
- Improperly securing cargo
- Improper loading of cargo onto trailers
- Driving while suffering from serious health conditions
- Inadequate maintenance or inspection of semi-trucks
- Hiring drivers who are unqualified
- Hiring drivers who operate vehicles in a dangerous manner
- The inadequate management or supervision of truck drivers
Determining the cause of a Florida semi-truck wreck and proving negligence is crucial for victims to receive justice and hold all liable parties accountable. Given that big rig truck accidents are often a result of combined circumstances, several parties can be held liable for injuries and damages.
Working with a legal team skilled in handling truck accidents is imperative for ensuring you are able to get the justice and compensation you deserve. You need a skilled attorney who is capable of standing up to the huge transportation companies and their teams of defense lawyers who represent them. These companies have an endless amount of funds to fight these types of Florida truck wreck claims. Make sure that you have the right lawyer fighting on your behalf.
Our dedicated truck accident attorney at Chad J. Robinson, PLLC is committed to helping truck accident victims hold all responsible parties accountable for actions or subsequent inactions.
If you have been injured in an accident due to the negligent or reckless actions of another motorist in Orlando, Melbourne, West Palm Beach, Lehigh Acres, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Pembroke Pines, Hollywood, Palm Beach, or Weston, contact our truck accident lawyer today to get started with your claim.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Florida Truck Accident?
Truck accidents often involve several parties and many factors. All responsible parties can be liable depending on what part they played in the serious Florida truck crash. At Chad J. Robinson, PLLC, our truck accident attorney will investigate every aspect of your tractor-trailer accident. We will identify all liable parties to ensure our clients are able to maximize their recoveries. Some of the liable parties that can be held accountable include but are not limited to the following:
- The Truck Driver: Drivers who engage in reckless, negligent, and careless actions can be held directly responsible for accidents they cause. When drivers operate their vehicles in an irresponsible manner, break the law, or become distracted, they are often forced to compensate victims for damages they cause.
- The Trucking Company: When truck companies hire drivers who are not responsible or qualified, the company can be held liable. It is imperative that companies verify the credential of drivers, investigate their history, and perform various other screenings to ensure they are qualified and responsible.
- The Truck Owner: When truck owners fail to adequately inspect and maintain their vehicles, or let unqualified drivers operate them, they can be held liable for accidents. In many cases, the truck owner is not the person driving. In these situations, several people can be held liable for resulting crashes.
- The Cargo Loader: when trailers are not properly loaded, it can lead to a spill or a tip over. It is crucial that loaders take proper steps toward evenly loading trailers and ensuring the cargo does not pass the limit.
- Manufacturers: When trucks are purchased and used, drivers expect that they function without issue. When brakes fail, accelerators jam, or other parts malfunction, it can jeopardize a driver’s ability to maintain control over their vehicle. As a result, life-changing crashes can occur.
Uncovering evidence that demonstrates who all is responsible for your accident is imperative. It is the best way to ensure you are going to be fully compensated for all of the damages you endure from your accident. Working with a legal team that is knowledgeable and competent in handling truck accidents in Florida will provide you with your best chance of holding wrongdoers accountable and getting the justice you deserve.
Chad J. Robinson, PLLC strives to help victims hold all liable parties accountable so our clients can maximize their recoveries for medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more. Contact our truck accident legal team in Boca Raton as soon as possible to schedule a consultation to see how we can help you protect your legal rights.
Chad J. Robinson, PLLC is Here for You
No one can prepare for the aftermath of a commercial vehicle accident. The size and weight of these vehicles drastically increase the likelihood that victims will be left with catastrophic and life-altering injuries. In fact, truck accidents leave thousands of people with injuries that require both immediate and long-term care and treatment. Although we may think that we know what to expect after being injured in a crash, there is truly nothing we can do to prepare for the pain, suffering, and financial burdens we face.
When victims are injured in accidents due to the negligent and reckless actions of others, they may have legal options available to help them obtain compensation to alleviate the financial burdens they face. If you have been injured in a truck accident in Florida, it is imperative that you seek the guidance of an effective and qualified legal team to ensure you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Florida truck accident attorney Chad J. Robinson provides aggressive and effective legal representation to ensure the best interests and legal rights of each client are protected. Our personal injury legal team at Chad J. Robinson, PLLC truly cares about each client we work with, which is why we fight to ensure they are able to move forward and get the justice they deserve from those who caused them harm.
Our Florida personal injury law firm strives to provide the most knowledgeable, trusted, and competent legal representation for our clients so they can move forward after an injury accident in the best way possible. We are committed to maintaining open and continual communication throughout the entire legal process and fight to ensure our clients are able to reach their goals as they recover.
If you have been injured in a truck accident in Orlando, Melbourne, West Palm Beach, Lehigh Acres, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Pembroke Pines, Hollywood, Palm Beach, or Weston that was caused by another motorist’s negligent actions, contact our Central and South Florida truck accident legal team today at (786) 519-2423. Schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation at your earliest convenience.
Get in Touch
When you need a personal injury lawyer, an insurance lawyer, or a business lawyer, you need Chad J Robinson, PLLC. Contact our law firm and schedule a free legal consultation—we’re here for you.
2300 NW Corporate Blvd. # 141, Boca Raton, Florida, 33431, United States
Have Your Personal Injury Questions Answered
Do not fill this form out if you're a solicitor