Pedestrian and Bicycle Accident Attorney in Central and Southern Florida
Have you been hurt in a Florida pedestrian or bicycle accident? We can help you? Call Chad J Robinson, PLLC today.
Throughout Central and Southern Florida, the sunny weather drives millions to spend as much time as possible, soaking it up outdoors, and so it’s no surprise that thousands of Floridians choose to walk or ride bicycles every single day. With Florida’s exciting nightlife and beautiful beaches, walking and riding bikes are sometimes the most efficient methods of transportation. Plus, they are not only healthier alternatives to motor vehicles but they are vastly more cost-efficient as well.
Unfortunately, as it is with most good things, there can be a downside. Florida pedestrian and bicycle accidents claim the lives of more than 500 people each year. Thousands more are left with life-altering injuries that require immediate medical attention and long-term care.
Did you know that Florida is one of the most dangerous states in the United States for pedestrians? In fact, in the past 10 years, there have been more than 5000 people who were killed by a motor vehicle while they were walking in Florida. Pedestrians who are over the age of 65 are much more likely to be involved in a pedestrian accident than people who are younger. Inattentive, distracted, and aggressive drivers as well as poor engineering of the roads in Florida certainly contribute to these statistics.
Our Florida pedestrian and bicycle accident attorney at Chad J. Robinson, PLLC is committed to helping accident victims get justice after suffering at the hands of a negligent party. Our team provides competent legal representation for clients to ensure they are able to get the medical treatment they need in order to recover as swiftly as possible. If you have been injured in a Central or Southern Florida pedestrian or bicycle accident as a result of another person’s actions, contact our law firm right away to see how we can help you.
The Different Types of Pedestrian Accidents in Florida
When higher speeds are involved in a pedestrian accident, the pedestrian will suffer more serious, catastrophic injuries that often become fatal. Even when a vehicle is moving at a slow speed, an impact with a pedestrian can result in serious injuries depending on how the pedestrian’s head hits the ground after falling. Even a vehicle traveling at only 8 mph can cause instant death. All pedestrian accidents are dangerous.
There are different types of pedestrian accidents in Florida. Here is a list of the most commonly reported pedestrian and bike accidents in Florida:
- Intersection Accidents- This type of accident occurs when a pedestrian or bicyclist is attempting to cross the street at the intersection.
- Passing Accidents- This type of accident occurs when an inattentive driver is not able to see a pedestrian or bicyclist because another vehicle has stopped to allow them to cross. The impatient driver may attempt to pass the stopped vehicle and strike the pedestrian in the process.
- Back-up Accidents- This type of accident occurs when a driver is backing up their vehicle without first checking behind or around them. These accidents usually happen in parking lots or driveways.
- Dart-out Accidents- This type of accident occurs when a pedestrian or bicyclist darts out into the roadway not giving the driver enough time to stop the car.
- Vendor Accidents- These types of accidents usually occur on residential streets where young children run after the ice cream vendor. These accidents sometimes involve food trucks as well.
- Vehicle Turns and Merging Accidents- This type of accident occurs when a driver is so focused on making their turn that they don’t see the pedestrian until after they begin turning. Merging accidents are very similar. The driver doesn’t’ see the pedestrian or bicyclist until they are merging.
Common Causes of Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents in Florida
A vast majority of bicycle and pedestrian accidents in Florida are a result of negligent and reckless drivers. Although we can take various steps to ensure we do not cause harm to others, there is no guarantee that other motorists will provide us with the same consideration.
Drivers who disobey traffic control devices, speed, drive impaired, or engage in other reckless behaviors are likely to cause serious and life-altering accidents. As a result, negligent motorists, thousands of bicyclists, and pedestrians are hospitalized every single year with injuries resulting from collisions with motor vehicles. In Central and Southern Florida, we see these unimaginable accidents take place for a variety of reasons.
Some of the leading causes of pedestrian and bicycle accidents in Florida are as follows:
- Negligent or impaired drivers
- Drivers who use an electronic communication device
- Texting and driving
- Using another electronic piece of equipment
- Eating and Drinking while driving
- Applying make-up or styling your hair while you drive
- Adjusting the music or changing the radio stations
- Talking to other passengers in the car
Some of the leading cause of bike accidents in Florida include but are not limited to the following:
- Negligent or impaired drivers
- Broken, cracked, or uneven sidewalks or bicycle lanes
- Fixed objects in roadways
- Uncovered potholes
- Bicyclists who lose control due to speeding
- Drivers who open their doors out into bicycle lanes without looking
- Stray animals that run out in front of bicyclists
- Faded bicycle lanes in roadways
- Unclear bicycle lanes on busy streets
Pedestrian accidents also have a variety of causes in areas like Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Hollywood, and all throughout Central and Southern Florida. Some of the most common causes of these accidents include:
- Inclement weather
- Unfamiliar roadways
- Obstructions, like trees, posts, and poles, that block the line of sight for drivers
- Construction in roadways
Regardless of what caused your accident, it is crucial that you work with a reputable and knowledgeable Florida personal injury attorney after being injured because of another party. Our Central and Southern Florida pedestrian and bicycle accident attorney Chad J. Robinson, PLLC in Boca Raton is available to fight for you and hold those at-fault responsible.
Common Injuries from Florida Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents
Bicyclists and pedestrians are not protected during accidents. Unlike people who are traveling in motor vehicles, they have very little to protect themselves from injuries or even death during a collision.
As a result, Florida bicycle and pedestrian accidents are more likely to have devastating outcomes than those that involve only vehicles. The chances of suffering life-threatening injuries are greatly increased when victims are struck by speeding vehicles, are ejected down the roadway, or run over.
Some of the most common Southern Florida bicycle and pedestrian accident injuries people suffer include:
- Broken Bones: There are numerous instances where people break their arms or legs as a result of auto-pedestrian and auto-bicycle These can range from small fractures to severe compound fractures and complete breaks that require surgery and extensive physical therapy.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic Brain injuries can have immediate and long-term consequences. The head is particularly vulnerable to injury during collisions due to the lack of protection. Although bicyclists often wear helmets, they do not guarantee that no injury will occur.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries can result in either permanent or temporary paralysis, depending on the severity of the injury. Victims who sustain spinal cord injuries often endure life-altering consequences and have to go through long-term treatment.
- Severed Limbs: When pedestrians and bicyclists become trapped between vehicles, they are at an increased risk of severing limbs, like their arms and legs. This can have a life-changing impact on a person and drastically limit their ability to work and engage in activities.
- Bruises, Scrapes, and Scarring: Even accidents that seem minor can result in severe bruising, scrapes, and permanent scarring. When pedestrians and cyclists get knocked down and slide across roadways, they sustain serious brush injuries that can result in permanent scarring.
- Internal Organ Injuries: Victims who are struck by vehicles may sustain internal bleeding and injuries that are life-threatening. Receiving immediate medical attention is crucial to ensuring the injuries are treated. Some common internal organ injuries include lung punctures, spleen and liver lacerations, and more.
Ou personal injury attorney at Chad J. Robinson, PLLC has helped many victims across Central and Southern Florida recover after their bicycle and pedestrian accidents. It is crucial that victims seek guidance from a knowledgeable Florida personal injury attorney as soon as possible to ensure that their rights are protected from the start.
Chad J. Robinson, PLLC provides quality legal guidance that recognizes the unique needs of each of our clients. Our team works hard to ensure that victims are fully compensated for their losses. Contact our Boca Raton law firm today to schedule a free case review to start protecting your rights and demanding the justice you deserve.
How Our Florida Bicycle and Pedestrian Accident Attorney Can Help You
Being involved in an accident can create a state of panic for victims and their families. In most cases, victims are completely overwhelmed and have so many questions that they end up unaware of the legal options that are available to them after being injured in an accident. Working with a compassionate and respectable legal team can help to ensure that you are able to get the justice and the compensation you deserve. Central Florida pedestrian and bicycle accident lawyer Chad J. Robinson, PLLC provides a variety of services for his clients, safeguarding their legal rights first and foremost.
We begin every case by meeting with clients for a free case evaluation and consultation. We discuss the circumstances surrounding the accident and determine the appropriate steps for moving forward. Once we begin working on your case, we go to the scene of your accident to gather evidence in support of your claim. Our team will take pictures, create videos, and obtain surveillance footage from nearby homes and businesses. We work with experts who can recreate your accident to uncover critical details to show how and why your accident took place.
We contact doctors, police officers, and other parties to collect documents and evidence surrounding the damages you face relative to medical treatment, property damages, and other expenses. Whenever necessary, we work with experts who can calculate lost wages, earnings, and benefits based on various factors.
After gathering evidence to show why the accident took place, how much it impacted your life, and how the defendant is at fault, we will aggressively fight for full and fair compensation with the insurance companies involved to ensure that you are able to cover any further costs moving forward.
If a Settlement Can Not Be Reached- Then What Happens?
If we are not able to come to a settlement agreement that reflects your needs and best interests, we will go to court and provide aggressive and effective legal representation to help you move forward and reach all of your goals for a full recovery. Southern Florida personal injury attorney Chad J. Robinson, PLLC strives to help his clients maximize their recoveries so they can take care of the financial burdens they may face such as:
- Medical expenses, both current and future
- Lost wages due to missing work to recover
- Lost earnings, benefits, and other losses from being forced out of work permanently
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- And more
We understand the challenges that victims face after being injured in a bicycle or pedestrian accident in Florida. We work diligently to help innocent victims obtain compensation from responsible parties so they can cover their expenses and alleviate at least some of their stress.
Injured In a Pedestrian /Bike Crash In Florida- Chad J. Robinson, PLLC can help!
There is nothing more frightening than seeing an automobile careening towards you and knowing that there is nothing you can do to get out of its way or being hit and never seeing it coming. Florida pedestrian accidents are extremely serious. Your legal case will be extremely serious and complicated as well.
If you sustained injuries while you were walking, biking, running, scootering, or skateboarding in Florida, call Chad J. Robinson, PLLC today.
Florida attorney Chad J. Robinson has more than a decade of personal injury law experience in Florida and can help you get the best possible outcome for your pedestrian accident claim.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian or a bicycle accident in Boca Raton, Orlando, Palm Beach, W. Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Melbourne, Lehigh Acres, Weston, or anywhere in the state of Florida, contact Chad J. Robinson, PLLC law firm as soon as possible to see how we can help you at (786) 519-2423. Schedule a free case review with our knowledgeable team today to see how we can help you.
Get in Touch
When you need a personal injury lawyer, an insurance lawyer, or a business lawyer, you need Chad J Robinson, PLLC. Contact our law firm and schedule a free legal consultation—we’re here for you.
2300 NW Corporate Blvd. # 141, Boca Raton, Florida, 33431, United States
Have Your Personal Injury Questions Answered
Do not fill this form out if you're a solicitor